12 Angry Men

12 Angry Men 


The other day I watched 12 Angry Men (1957), directed by Sidney Lumet. I chose this movie because I'm a fan of the director's other work, in particular Network (1971) which I used as a basis for my final highschool film project. Similarly to Network, 12 Angry Men had a big focus on social commentary, but there was less satire. It pretty much took place entirely in one room, and it never got boring because the tensions were so high. It was always interesting seeing how Henry Fonda's character would convince other members of the jury to his side, even when he was all alone at the begining. All of the interactions between the characters played out extremely well, with lots of arguments, some of my farourite parts were highlighting the hypocrisy of Juror 3, who would continuously get caught up in argument to the point that he would contradict himself. This isn't only comedic but it also helps build character. 12 Angry Men is a great and simple movie, showing the struggle between a few guys who have to deal with eachother for an hour and a half. 

Comments