Movies This Week Part 1

Movies This Week #1


Tetsuo 3: The Bullet Man - 19 March 2019

Like all good trilogies, it comes in threes. I'm gonna be honest though, this third installment felt a little bit less like a fun and original cult classic and more like a B-Movie. It was still a lot of fun though, it's always great to see how a guy turns into metal.

The Godfather - 19 March 2019 

It's The Godfather, you know it's a classic, great suspense, great film making and all that stuff. But really, when I watch it I can't help feeling like I'd rather be watching something else. I love me a good gangster movie and The Godfather is revolutionary stuff, but even in terms of gangster movies, I'd rather be watching Once Upon a Time in America or Goodfellas. 

The Favourite - 20 March 2019

I've already written about this one... twice. I've seen it three times at this point and I can confirm that it's still good stuff. If you want to hear more about this one, read my top ten list, or my Oscars post. 

The Godfather II - 21 March 2019

It's nice to see The Godfather origin, but really everything I said about the first one also applies. It is an extremely interesting movie, but... 

Help! I'm a Fish - 22 March 2019

This is a bit of fun, an obscure early 2000s kids movie filled with the generic 2000s pop music that we love as well as plenty of Nazi symbolism, it's good stuff. 

The Lobster - 22 March 2019

This was the second time seeing this one, from the same director as The Favourite, the best director out at the moment, it's one of the most awkward movies you'll see. It's an absolutely hilarious watch and it also has some genuinely great emotion. The awkward style along with the dystopian setting focused on finding realationships makes for a hilarious watch. 

Jurassic Park - 24 March 2019

This is a great movie about dinosaurs and also other stuff. Like that one guy who learns over the course of the movie that he actually likes kids. It's the little stuff like that that makes ourguy Steven Spielberg the best. He revolutionists special effects and he also knows how to write a script, unlike that goddamn James Cameron who can only manage to do one of those two things. I'll never forgive James Cameron, but I digress. Jurassic Park is good stuff. 

Glengarry Glen Ross - 25 March 2019

There's a great story here. It's one of those movies that you watch and can instantly tell it was based on a play, because it's all set in one place and not much goes on, but the dialogue and story is fantastic.

Goodbye Porkpie (1981) - 25 March 2019

I thought this was going to be a fun family movie, I was slightly wrong. Even with its PG rating, it's filled with swearing, sex and nudity, needless to say I had a lot of fun with it. It really was a fun adventure, makes me want to go road tripping. 

Comments