The Next Assignment

In the next assignment, I've got a lotta options, I was going to go for the Character and Genre Tropes or the Auteur Theory and Methodology topics. For either one of these, I'll probably end up talking about Sergio Leone and how he revolutionised the western genre. I could really talk about anything here, but it'll most likely end up as talking about how lame Western movies were, all about some boring guy who has to save a town or something dull like that. But then our guy Sergio (an Italian man) came along, and made five of the best movies ever made (to this day they're still the only western movies worth watching). So basically I'll either talk about how Sergio Leone used his auter theory to change a dying genre for the better, or I'll talk about the genre conventions of westerns and the nameless gunslinger character as well as Sergio Leone's influence.

Comments