70s Films

Before the start of the 70s, censorship in general started loosening up.

Action Movie Trailers Quick Opinions:

Cotton Comes to Harlem, this looks like a blast. I love a good blacksploitation movie, but I haven't seen nearly enough. It's definitely worth checking out. It looks so silly and extremely entertaining.
Image result for cotton comes to harlem

The Omega Man. This also looks extremely silly. They always do.

SHAFT. We didn't even get to watch the Shaft trailer though. It's got the best theme song of all time. I love Shaft. Shaft is the best of the best.

The Brotherhood of Satan. It also looks extremely silly.
So do all of these horror movies. Awesome.

George Lucas:

Freiheit looks pretty bad.

THX1138, this is another movie that I've actually seen. It's been a long while, but I remember it being pretty boring, just a guy walking around a lot in this big underground complex. It might actually be good if I were to watch it now, but I certainly didn't really find much in it as a youngster.
George Lucas has too many ideas and most of the stuff he's done is properly over complicated.
Image result for thx 1138

A decade under the influence.

I really like the clip of that kid killing himself, and the mother not noticing. It's from Harold and Maude, looks great.

The graduate also looks like a blast.

There's a part where all these directors that I like are listing directors that they like. I've gotta listen to that again.

John Cassavetes sounds like an interesting character to be checking up on.

Riding the Whirlwind looks like a blast too.

Easy Rider. I'm really just listing movies I want to see at this point, I don't have much else to say about them.
Image result for easy rider
Midnight Cowboy.

Scarecrow is another that I've seen. It's really good. A great roadtrip movie. Two strangers on the road together, it's a great time.

The French Connection & Dirty Harry I've also seen. These are all great ones.

Comments