More Movies I've Seen

It's been a while since I've blogged about the movies I've seen. I haven't been keeping track of these movies or writing them down. So I'll be missing a decent bit of stuff I watched over the weeks.

From Dusk Till Dawn 

This was this week's Monday movie. A movie written by, and starring Quentin Tarantino. This movie is another one of my favorites. It's so silly, it starts off as a relatively serious, but still a little bit campy crime thriller, as Tarantino usually does. But then it makes a quick change into a silly vampire movie without any warning. It's so dumb, I love that sort of thing. The best part of it is being able to see the reactions of the people I show it to. At one point, Ruby was on the floor with laughter. It's always a good time. 

The Last Unicorn 

Image result for the last unicorn
A childhood favorite. This movie really isn't that good, but I love it. I guess that's a common trend with my taste in movies. It's just a wholesome adventure with lots of silly things. 

Chicken Run

I also watched this one as a kid, but I thought it was boring. Watching it now though, it's lovely. Everything about it is great, the movements, the detailed sets, the silly chicken jokes. 

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 

Image result for once upon a time in hollywood
Another Quentin Tarantino movie. He always makes a great movie. All the stuff at the start was quite slow, there were so many nice character moments and all those homages to classic films, especially the spaghetti Westerns that I love so much. It was a great, slow buildup to a wild ending. 

Parasite 

Image result for parasite movie
This is the part where I catch up on a couple of my favorite Korean directors. This guy is called Bong Joon Ho, he's made some of my favorite movies like The Host and Snowpiercer. This is his latest movie. It's so good. It's about a family who start scamming a different family, until their entire family was working as, Tutor, Therapist, Driver and Maid for a different family. The tone of his movies are always so great, they are always so tense. It's a great watch, always keeps you interested. 

I'm Cyborg But That's OK 

Image result for im cyborg but thats ok
This one is by Park Chan Wook, who directed Old Boy and The Handmaiden. He makes the best movies. They all have a great sense of humor, but they're also extremely sincere and engaging. This movie is about people a girl who thinks she's a cyborg going to a psychiatric ward. It's filled with so many weird things, typical psychiatric ward stuff, then she meets a guy who she doesn't like at first, but then falls in love with, typical romcom stuff. Even though it hits the romcom beats like every other romcom, it's done so well, and the setting leads for so many interesting things to happen. It's such a great movie. 

The Mermaid 

Image result for the mermaid
Here's a Chinese movie, by another one of my favorite Directors Stephen Chow. He directed Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer, whacky parody kung fu movies. The Mermaid is basically the same, extremely cheesy with silly over the top action, it never gets old, Stephen Chow is a master of his craft. This is China's best selling movie ever and it deserves it. 

Over The Garden Wall 

Image result for over the garden wall jason funderburker
An animated show. There are only 10 episodes, but it's such a sweet show. It's just about two brothers lost in the woods. This show has a weird vibe of being creepy, but extremely wholesome at the same time. Like the one episode where the brothers are hired by creepy pumpkin guys to dig up bones, but it turns out that the bones were their dead friends who they were digging up so they could turn into pumpkins and join their happy dance parties. It's a great show. 

Comments