70's Animation

Dougal and the Blue Cat 
Geez. Sad chained guy singing about how lonely he is. It's a bit of a downer. 

Kama Sutra Rides Again 
About a couple who have lots of hobbies.
"I frequently dabble in oils."
Image result for Kama Sutra Rides Again
This one is nice. 

The Fantastic planet. 
I've seen this one. It's lovely. 
Image result for fantastic planet
It's so much fun. Lots of crazy nonsensical stuff. So many weird concepts. 

Pica-don is extremely sad. It depicts the bombing of Hiroshima. 
It starts off with a happy family doing happy family things. Geez. 
The people all flash white, and everything crumbles. People melt, it's awful. 
Image result for pica don


Le Pas is extremely abstract. It shows a cube, flying off into little strips. It's nice.
It's so smooth, I don't really know how they did it. 

Hayao Miyazaki, he made Heidi before he created Ghibli. 
It's nice, just a happy little girl going about her business. 

Ivo Caprino's Grand Prix 1975 played daily in some cinemas in norway for 25 years. Gee whiz. That's insane. I can't blame them, it's quite nice. The backgrounds and sets are incredible. 

Hugo the Hippo 1975 
"Tail Unaesthetic" 
This poor hippo is being made fun of. 

The Smurfs and the Magic Flute 1976 
It's silly. I don't know how they made two modern cgi movies based on this. 

Allegro Non Troppo 
The style on this one is nice. It's all scratchy and grainy. 

Death Race 2000, I've gotta watch this. 
The video game is too violent for my taste though. 

Dot and the Kangaroo 1977 
Cartoons interacting with real life, it's like lame Australian Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
It's actually pretty charming though, I enjoy the singing platypuses. 

Instant Cinema - Lots of insane scribbling. It's lovely. 

Watership Down, I've seen this one too. 
Image result for watership down film\
I used to love this when I was a kid. I was a weird kid I guess. 

Autobahn features a nude alien with glasses. It's just running around. I really like the particle effects. 

Satiemania has a great style, with lots of walking. The pencil style is lovely. 

The Heron and The Crane 
Has a great cutout style, I could use this. 

Hedgehog in the Fog 
excellent

Tale of Tales looks awesome 

The Overcoat, this man has been working on a new movie since 1981, it better be good. 


Comments