American & British New Wave

Image result for their early work was a little new wave


"There early work was a little too new wave for my taste."
-Patrick Bateman

Little Fugitive (1953) is about a kid who runs away from home. It's extremely simple but it's got a nice story.

Pull My Daisy (1959) is a nice little film about some people going about their lives. There's a nice voice over, "take a look at those cars out there"

Shadows (1959) is another movie that's advertised as "you feel like you're intruding." I guess it's closer to just, watching people go about things as if they feel real. It's an interesting way to go about it.

Alfie (1966) looks like a blast. I want to watch this at some point.

Georgy Girl (1966) This looks so good too. The comedy in the trailer is timed so fantastically.

Blow Up (1966) I've gotta watch all these films. My dad always recommends this one to me, but I've never seen it. Looks fantastic.

Bonnie and Clyde (1967) same goes for this one. Too many good movies I haven't seen. I don't think I'll ever run out.

The Graduate (1967)

Fritz the Cat (1971) Ralph Bakshi is insane. Never gets old. I've seen a few of his other movies, it's a shame the style never really caught on.

The Full Monty is another one I've been meaning to watch for a while.

Trainspotting is one of the best.

Comments